This section will assist you with the installation of the SlipStream Web Accelerator.
Detailed Installation Instructions
Minimum System Requirements:
- Pentium 200 MHz (or equivalent)
- 64MB of RAM
- At least 11 MB of hard-drive space
SlipStream Web Accelerator is supported by the following Windows Operating Systems:
- Windows 98
- Windows Millennium Edition (Windows ME)
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- Windows XP
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
SlipStream Web Accelerator works seamlessly with the following browser versions:
- Internet Explorer 5.0 and later
- Firefox 0.9 and later
- Mozilla 1.4 and later
- Netscape 6.0 and later (version 8.0 only with SlipStream Web Accelerator version 4.0.127 and later)
- Opera 8.0 and later (only with SlipStream Web Accelerator version 4.0 and later)
- Your ISP will provide you with a location to download the SlipStream Web Accelerator installer.
- Download the installer to your Desktop.
- Once the download has completed, proceed to Step 2.
- After downloading the SlipStream Web Accelerator
installer onto your Desktop, an icon will appear on
your Desktop as shown below. Double-clicking on the
icon will launch the installer.
- The installer will guide you through the
complete setup process. Please reboot if required.
- If your computer has Firefox, Mozilla or Netscape installed as your Web browser, SlipStream Web Accelerator will ask you for the integration with the browser.
- Simply click "Yes" for the integration.
4. Connect and Browse the Web
- As this is your first time launching the
product, you will be prompted for a username and
password. Enter the username and password provided
to you by your ISP in the fields provided.
- Click "OK". SlipStream Web Accelerator will connect to your ISP.
- After logging into SlipStream Web Accelerator,
an icon is placed in your system tray as shown
below. Acceleration will take place immediately
after any Web browser launches.
- Browse the Web as you normally would. When finished browsing, simply close your Web browser. SlipStream Web Accelerator will remain idle in your system tray.
5. Further Assistance
- To get the most out of your new software, please visit the "User Guide".
- If you experience technical problems downloading, installing, or running SlipStream Web Accelerator, please consult the Troubleshooting section for further assistance.
- Still having trouble? Please feel free to contact us for product setup or feedback.