SlipStream Support Information
This section will assist you with downloading, installing, and running SlipStream Web Accelerator Version 5.0 and later. For more detailed step-by-step installation instructions, please click here.
(**Adobe Acrobat is required to view these files.)
Minimum System Requirements:
- Pentium 200MHz (or equivalent)
- 64MB of RAM
- At least 11 MB of hard-drive space
SlipStream Web Accelerator is supported by the following Windows Operating Systems:
- Windows 98
- Windows Millennium Edition (Windows ME)
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- Windows XP
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
SlipStream Web Accelerator works seamlessly with the fullowing Web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 5.0 and later
- Firefox 0.9 and later
- Mozilla 1.4 and later
- Netscape 6.0 and later (version 8.0 only with SlipStream Web Accelerator version 4.0.127 and later)
- Opera 8.0 and later (only with SlipStream Web Accelerator version 4.0 and later)
- Your ISP will provide you with a location to download the SlipStream Web Accelerator installer.
- Download the installer to your Desktop.
- Once the download has completed, proceed to Step 2.
- Double-click on the installer to start the installation procedure. Reboot if required.
- Once the installation finishes, you will be prompted for a username and password. Enter the username and password provided to you by your ISP.
- To avoid having to enter your username and password every time, ensure that the "Save Password" box is checked. Proceed to Step 3.
3. Starting SlipStream
- SlipStream Web Accelerator is automatically started when your computer starts up.
- Acceleration will begin as soon as a supported browser (such as Internet Explorer or Netscape) or a supported email client (such as Microsoft Outlook or Eudora) is started.
- On some Windows platforms, a bubble dialog will appear when the SlipStream Service has been established. On all other Windows platforms, you can verify that SlipStream Service has been established by hovering over the SlipStream Web Accelerator system tray icon (you should see a "SlipStream Service Enabled..." message).
4. Using SlipStream
- Browse the Web or download emails as you normally would.
- Your Web access or email access will be automatically accelerated by SlipStream Web Accelerator.
- If you wish to stop the application, select Stop SlipStream from the main menu, or if you wish to exit the application completely, click Exit from the main menu.
5. Further Assistance
- If you're having trouble installing the product, consult the detailed installation instructions.
- To get the most out of your new software, please see the User Guide which includes step-by-step instructions on how to use the product.
- If you experience problems downloading, installing or running SlipStream Web Accelerator, consult the Troubleshooting section for further assistance.
- Still having trouble? Please feel free to contact us for product support or feedback.